Peace of mind compliance and testing!
- BS EN 1040, 1276, 1650, 1656, 13624, 13697, 13704, 13727, 14204, 14348, 14463, 14476, 14561, 14562. Plus ISO16954. For full details of these standards, please see FAQ page.
- Article 95 (BPR) compliant supplier in categories 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5: these include disinfection of surfaces, materials, equipment and furniture.
Contains 0-01-0.02% w/v Hypochlorous Acid. Not for invasive use.
CleanCert’s active ingredient is called Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl), which is part of a group of small molecules known as reactive oxygen species (ROS). It is synthesized by neutrophils (white blood cells) during phagocytosis of antigens 1. The molecule consistently shows a broad antimicrobial spectrum for the inhibition of multiple Gram positive and Gram negative microorganisms, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, virus, yeast mould and fungus without causing side effects such as irritation of the mucosa or extrinsic pigmentation on the tooth surface or restorations. In addition, HOCl also has an important anti-inflammatory and proliferative activity (2 3 4 ).
- Green JN, Kettle AJ, Winterbourn CC. Protein chlorination in neutrophil phagosomes and correlation with bacterial killing. Free Radic Biol Med 2014;77:49-56.
- Wang L, Bassiri M, Najafi R, Najafi K, Yang J, Khosrovi B, et al.. Hypochlorous acid as a potential wound care agent: Part I. Stabilized hypochlorous acid: a component of the inorganic armamentarium of innate immunity. J Burns Wounds 2007;11;6:e5.
- Fu X, Kassim SY, Parks WC, Heinecke JW.Hypochlorous acid generated by myeloperoxidase modifies adjacent tryptophan and glycine residues in the catalytic domain of matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin): an oxidative mechanism for restraining proteolytic activity during inflammation. J Biol Chem 2003;278:28403-28409.
- Kim C, Cha YN. Taurine chloramine produced from taurine under inflammation provides anti-inflammatory and cytoprotective effects. Amino Acids 2014;46:89-100.